Good afternoon students, volunteers and colleagues,
Applications are now being accepted for the 2017 Pillar Sponsorship Program. This program is a centrally-managed U of T initiative which helps support student-run or alumni-run programs and events that will take place before December 31, 2017.
Consideration for sponsorship funding between $3,000 and $10,000 will be made available to divisions that:
- Meet the criteria set out by the three participating Affinity Partners (see attached)
- Submit proposals detailing non-academic projects or events
- Are prepared to provide marketable visibility to Affinity Partners
If you believe you have an initiative which meets these qualifications, please fill out the attached form and return it to Amanda Maleganovski (coordinator of the Pillar Program) at [email protected] by Monday, October 17th, 2016.
A few notes for your consideration:
- Prior to submitting an application for sponsorship from Manulife, please review the attached document, “Investing time in our community”, that details Manulife’s volunteerism signature cause initiative
- For divisions or groups who received sponsorship support in 2016, please ensure your 2016 sponsorship report is submitted prior to your 2017 application
- Funding decisions will be made within approximately 3-4 weeks from the application deadline; we will be in touch with all applicants at that time
- The Office of Corporate Relations will host a mandatory breakfast workshop for successful applicants to review roles and responsibilities; details can be found in the attachment
- When submitting a proposal please ensure that you outline explicitly how your event/program aligns with the criteria set out by the sponsor
Please feel free to forward this email onto anyone in the Faculty of Medicine who you think might be interested.
If you have questions about the program or the application process, please do not hesitate to contact myself or Darryl Chow at [email protected] or 416-978-0165. Please note Amanda will be out of the office from October 3-17 inclusive, however all 2016 report and 2017 call submissions should be emailed to Amanda Maleganovski directly at [email protected].