In building its core R&D team, Cyclica is seeking a bioinformatics software developer to help develop new commercial technologies. At Cyclica, the successful applicant will help design, develop, and deploy tools used by scientists to predict and explore chemogenomics data. This position requires a fundamental understanding of molecular biology and strong programming skills, capable of contributing to team programming efforts. The successful applicant will have the opportunity to make a significant impact in a small company’s growth while broadening their own skill sets as programmers and/or scientists.
- Contribute new functionalities to our pipeline
- Maintain and document application changes (content changes, code fixes, etc.)
- Deliver quality projects in a timely manner
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Adaptable to different programming environments and resources.
- Experience working in a command line (bash) environment.
- Strong programming skills in Python.
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written.
- Experience coding in a team setting (i.e. version control, documentation).
Advantageous Skills and Experience:
- Experience with database design and maintenance.
- Familiarity with distributed computing environments
This position is open to recent B.Sc. or M.Sc. graduates and will be subject to external funding opportunities.
Please include a CV and Statement of Interest when applying. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Local candidates preferred, remote and/or telecommuting applicants will not be considered. Cyclica will offer a competitive compensation package. Only successful applicants will be contacted.