In building its core R&D team, Cyclica is seeking a scientist with expertise in the development and application of methods in Systems Biology / Bioinformatics. Working within a multidisciplinary group, the scientist will help develop new commercial technologies. Prior leadership experience of projects and/or people is considered an advantage. Working knowledge of Python is essential, while experience with additional programming is considered an asset.
The successful applicant will:
- Be highly motivated and self-driven.
- Have expertise with systems biology with 3+ years of relevant research experience.
- Hold a Ph.D. in a relevant field.
- Have strong programming skills.
- Have excellent oral and written communication skills.
Advantageous Skills and Experience:
- Prior experience with protein-protein and/or protein-drug interaction networks.
- Prior experience with network visualizations and web technologies.
- Strong evidence of algorithm and/or workflow design experience.
- Experience with Python, web development, and/or database design and management.
- Experience coding in a team setting (i.e. version control, documentation).
This position is open to recent Ph.D. graduates and will be subject to external funding opportunities.
Please include a CV and Statement of Interest when applying. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Local candidates preferred, remote and/or telecommuting applicants will not be considered. Cyclica will offer a competitive compensation package. Only successful applicants will be contacted.