Around Campus Group
Are you driven, a self-starter and excited about new technology?
If so, we want to partner with you to help promote Carousell’s online buy-sell community marketplace as a brand ambassador for the Carousell, INC. team in Canada! AroundCampus Group, LLC (AC) is bringing the Carousell campaign to your campus, and is looking for enthusiastic, driven, and well-connected college students to raise awareness about the Carousell application and encourage app downloads. AC is offering paid part-time positions during the beginning of the Fall 2016 semester. As a brand ambassador you will:
- Work with an AC campaign manager to provide insight into your campus and develop a marketing plan specifically for your school
- Spread awareness of the campaign through:
- Reaching out to your fellow college students
- Flyering and chalking campus
- Creating unique on-campus experiences to generate buzz & increase awareness on campus
- Planning experiential marketing activities like tabling, Greek house/dorm visits, and announcements to student groups
- Handing out tons of cool free stuff (as well as getting some swag yourself)
- Posting and sharing relevant info on your own social media accounts during the campaign
- Participate in a virtual training session to learn tips & tricks about campus marketing, and details about Carousell
- Improve your marketing, communication, event management, and leadership skills
- Gain experience working independently and as a team member
- Work part-time, 6-8 hours/week for the duration of the campaign (4 weeks September – October)
- Self-report all campaign activities through photos and feedback surveys
You may be a good fit for this position if:
- You’re a self-starter, highly motivated, and energetic
- You’re a strong communicator, have great public speaking skills, and are adaptable
- You’re reliable – you can get things done without direct supervision
- You’re effective at multi-tasking and have the ability to actually meet deadlines
- You’re well-connected, are an active member in student groups or clubs, and know your campus inside & out
- You’re extremely active on several social media sites
- You have access to a smart phone and/or tablet
Preference will be given to candidates who:
- Have a passion for technology
- Have experience using the Carousell app
- Have previous brand ambassador, event planning, promotion, or social media marketing experience
- Are a sophomore standing or higher – first years may still apply!
Ambassadors will be paid a fixed hourly rate, plus incentives for achieving campaign goals
Ready to have one of the best jobs on campus? Apply now!
Fill out the brand ambassador application & upload your resume here: http://www.aroundcampusgroup.com/campus-marketing-internship-application . Qualified applicants will be contacted regarding next steps.
Carousell is a community marketplace that makes selling as simple as taking a photo, buying as simple as chatting. Launched in May 2012, Carousell began in Singapore and has spread to 12 cities around the world. With over 26 million listings, we are one of the world’s largest and fastest growing community marketplaces. Carousell has been ranked as the top Lifestyle and Shopping app in Singapore, Taiwan, Hong Kong, and Australia, and is backed by leading international Venture Capitalists Sequoia Capital, Rakuten Ventures, 500 Startups, Golden Gate Ventures, and QuestVC. Carousell is available for free download on Google Play, the App Store, or at http://carousell.com/app.
AroundCampus Group, LLC is the leading campus media and marketing company in the United States. Over the past 41 years, the AroundCampus Group’s media portfolio has been a valuable advertising vehicle for local, regional, and national businesses to engage the campus community. No other company matches AC’s history, experience and depth of knowledge in reaching this audience. America’s leading campuses know and trust AC’s commitment to excellence, integrity in dealings, dedication to students and its unparalleled devotion to customers. http://www.aroundcampusgroup.com