What we do
BenchSci is on a mission to help the scientific community achieve biomedical discoveries faster.
Over one billion research hours are wasted worldwide every year due to the misuse of biological compounds. The overwhelming number of commercially available compounds (over 4 million) combined with the poor quality of many of them, has created a challenge that is crippling the pace of drug discovery.
BenchSci developed a unique machine learning technology that reads scientific papers like human research scientists to extract crucial data about the proper usage of biological compounds. With BenchSci, scientists can find compounds that have been proven to work by the scientific community across different research fields.
Product video – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fPs5xzYYHSs
If you are excited about machine learning, science, and making an impact, we want to talk to you!
What we are looking for
We are looking for an enthusiastic & motivated life science research professional with a strong interest in a career beyond the bench.
As a Scientific Liaison, you will be part of the Sales and Service side of the business, making certain that our customers (pharmaceutical and biotech companies) get the scientific support they need to on-board their team to the BenchSci Platform.
In your role, you will use your interpersonal skills and science background to help us continue to transform our customer experience and you will receive extensive sales methodology training to help you succeed. You will work in a fast-paced startup environment where you will be exposed to cutting edge technologies, and opportunities to learn about a wide variety of industry standards and principles.
If you have a strong interest in a career in the science/tech startup industry and are passionate about transforming an industry, then BenchSci is the place for you!
Candidate will be responsible for:
- Guiding new customers through the implementation, training and use of BenchSci
- Answering scientific related questions that the customer may have about our platform
- Foster existing relationships with pharmaceutical and biotech companies
- Supporting the sales teams to help close new business
- Learning and participating in business development and sales methodologies
- Creating enablement material to Support Sales and Service teams
- Ph.D. degree (completed or near completion) in any life science discipline
- Exceptional interpersonal and presentation skills
- The candidate should possess sufficient knowledge and research experience in molecular biology
Bonuses (not a requirement)
- Experience using or knowledge of Salesforce.com business platform
- Background in business, sales or marketing
- You love science and have a desire to use that knowledge to contribute to growing a business
- You are a communicative, honest and open individual, comfortable speaking to and presenting to groups of scientists
- You value a hands-off management approach
- Have a desire to learn sales relationship building methodologies and put them into practice
What you get
- Competitive salary and options at a well-funded startup
- High growth position in the early stage of a promising startup
- Key placement with important responsibilities in the organization
- To participate in important decision making on system architecture
- To align your professional growth with our company’s growth
- To gain exposure to applied deep learning in the real world
- To help transform and improve scientific research
- To use cutting edge technology for learning and growth
How to apply?
Please submit a one-page resume and a short paragraph stating why you are interested in applying to [email protected] no later than June 26th, 2017. We review applicants on an ongoing basis so please apply ASAP. Expected starting date for this position is between July 17th & August 1st.
More about BenchSci
BenchSci is 1 of 3 finalists for ‘New Startup’ in the sixth annual Canadian Startup Awards. As one of the leading machine learning startups in Toronto, we were able to raise over $2,700,000 in a seed round from leading Canadian and American VCs. Our office is located in downtown Toronto (aka “the 6ix”).