AbbVie (NYSE:ABBV) is a global, research-based biopharmaceutical company formed in 2013 following separation from Abbott Laboratories. The company’s mission is to use its expertise, dedicated people and unique approach to innovation to develop and market advanced therapies that address some of the world’s most complex and serious diseases. AbbVie employs approximately 30,000 people worldwide and markets medicines in more than 170 countries.
USA, Illinois, Chicago | Research & Development | ID: 1802097
AbbVie Oncology Discovery is seeking a highly motivated and skilled Cell/Molecular Biologist with a proven track record of accomplishments in the cancer field. Applicants should have extensive laboratory research experience and a desire to continue in a laboratory-focused role. Strong communication and teamwork skills are essential as the candidate is expected to operate in a highly paced and multi-disciplined environment, interacting with diverse groups of experts from within or outside of their scientific discipline. The candidate must be able to prioritize and manage multiple research activities. A background in the mechanisms of cell death and/or oncogenic signaling is preferred.
Key Responsibilities Include:
• Routinely demonstrate scientific initiative and creativity in research or development activities.
• Highly autonomous and productive in performing laboratory research or method development, requiring only minimal direction from or interaction with supervisor.
• Formulate conclusions and design follow-on experiments based on multidisciplinary data.
• May initiate new areas of investigation that are scientifically meaningful, reliable, and can be incorporated directly into a research or development program.
• A primary author of publications, presentations, regulatory documents and/or primary inventor of patents.
• Demonstrates high proficiency across a wide range of relevant technologies.
• Maintain a high level of productivity in the lab.
• Understand and adhere to corporate standards regarding code of conduct, safety, appropriate handling of materials, controlled drug and radioactive compounds, and animal care where applicable.
• Direct mentorship of others Level and compensation will be commensurate with experience.
• PhD, Master’s or Bachelor’s Degree in Cell/Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, Genetics/Genomics, Pharmacology,
• 10+(BS), 8+(MS), 0+ (PhD) years of experience in cell/molecular biology, oncogenic pathways, cell death signaling and/or translational research in Oncology
• Previous experience in drug discovery and/or translational research is preferred, but not required
• Impactful research experience as demonstrated by track record of publications, patents and/or scientific accomplishments is essential, as is the ability to engage internal and external scientific leaders in collaborative research.
•Technical proficiency in standard biochemical, cellular and molecular biology techniques with a working knowledge of ‘omics technologies are a must.
• Strong written and oral communication skills are essential.
• Ph.D. and 3+ years of experience in post-doctoral or industry setting
Key Leadership Competencies:
• Builds strong relationships with peers and cross functionally with partners outside of team to enable higher performance.
• Learns fast, grasps the “essence” and can change course quickly where indicated.
• Raises the bar and is never satisfied with the status quo.
• Creates a learning environment, open to suggestions and experimentation for improvement.
• Embraces the ideas of others, nurtures innovation and manages innovation to reality.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled