DRI Capital Inc. (DRI) is the longest-standing pharmaceutical royalty private investment fund manager and issuer of royalty-related debt. Over the last 16 years, DRI has become a global leader in pharmaceutical royalty investing through extensive expertise and institutional knowledge. Based in Toronto, the firm was founded in 1992 as Drug Royalty Corporation to purchase international royalty streams on pharmaceutical products and to make healthcare equity investments. In 1993, the firm was listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange and remained publicly traded until 2002 when it was purchased and taken private.
Today, DRI Capital is a fully-integrated team of over 30 professionals and support staff focused on identifying, assessing, acquiring, financing and managing pharmaceutical royalty assets across the globe.
DRI is looking for a highly-motivated and results-driven individual to join our investment team as part of a 12-month internship program. After the 12-month period, based on the individual’s performance and DRI’s business needs this may evolve into a permanent full-time position.
• Assisting investment team members in conducting and coordinating assessments of the scientific, medical, commercial and technical attractiveness of potential investment opportunities
• Evaluating the clinical profile of products of interest, as well as current and future competitors
• Understand the treatment landscape and identify potential investment opportunities in therapeutic areas of interest
• Gather, analyze and make recommendations based on information from scientific literature, industry databases, medical conference presentations, key opinion interviews and research reports
• Preparing preliminary valuations for investment opportunities
• Preparing summary presentations and present research findings to the Investing Team
• Updating and maintaining internal databases and resources
• Creating deal sourcing material (opportunity profiles, drug reviews, biographical materials) and deal meeting materials (presentations and pitch books)
• Some financial modeling (e.g. to support pitch material)
• Liaising with other deal team members and senior management on transactions and strategic initiatives
• Continue to deepen domain expertise as well as general business and financial knowledge
The DRI core values are “team work”, “integrity” and “drive to win.” Accordingly, the candidate we are looking for will demonstrate the following:
• Outstanding communication skills, both written and verbal
• Excellent interpersonal and well-developed relationship management skills
• A track record of hard work and success
• Strong scientific aptitude and curiosity
• Demonstrated ability to translate complex ideas into concise, compelling content
• Ability to determine the right questions to ask and the drive to find the answers
• Strong organizational skills, with attention to detail and a proactive nature
• Ability to work well in a high pressure, time-sensitive, entrepreneurial environment
• Ability to interact effectively and across various groups (i.e. accounting, operations, investment professionals) and to engender trust and confidence of management at all levels
The successful candidate will possess the following qualifications:
• A graduate degree in the Life Sciences or other relevant programs such as Pharmacy, biotechnology and/or healthcare
• Relevant professional work experience
• An MBA, CFA and/or MSc would be considered an asset
• A general understanding of the healthcare industry
• Forecasting and financial modeling experience considered an asset
This position is located in Toronto and offers compensation commensurate with experience.
To apply, please submit a resume and cover letter to [email protected], citing the position title in the subject line. We thank all applicants for their response but only those considered for an interview will be contacted.