- You are a math whiz. It always came easy for you and your curiosity to understand the story behind the numbers led you to pursue an education in math and statistics. By design or by chance you have experience in biostatistics, clinical statistics, and derive meaning from the fact that your work contributes to uncovering a better understanding of health dynamics and outcomes in the real world.
- You enjoy being part of a team. You especially enjoy seeing how the work you do contributes to an overall project knowing that it is your craft that grounds that project in truth.
- You take ownership of the work you do and always have a burning desire to design and own the analysis. You don’t just run stats that others tell you to do but lead the design and analysis yourself, with clear hypotheses delivering exciting results. For you, problem solving is not a Google search, or checking off a list- it’s about bringing your best ideas, street smarts and grit while working with a team on a clear mission.
If this is you, then it is time to make a bold move, recapture this magic and leave your mark!
PENTAVERE is a highly regarded Canadian founded health technology company that combines machine learning and natural language processing to quickly and economically extract and make meaningful Real-World Evidence (RWE) trapped in large repositories of unstructured clinical sources.
We create high quality research and evidence grade data, without having to incur the costs, inaccuracies, and time delays of manual processes.We work with clinicians, researchers and innovative life science companies to solve challenging real-world health problems. Our work is published in peer reviewed journals and presented at international conferences. We believe the lack of availability of ready to use and well curated research-grade Real World Evidence is a major obstacle to improving our health care system.
If you want to learn more about who PENTAVERE is, and the exciting work we are doing, please visit our website at: www.pentavere.ai.
About the Role
We are looking for a motivated individual to be the biostatistical lead within our company. In this role you will work directly with the Clinical Research Manager to design and conduct entire statistical analysis plans for studies from hypothesis generation to results visualization. You will also be involved in supporting internal research projects, grant and RFP submissions, and deliverable preparation (e.g. abstracts, protocols, manuscripts, conference posters).
- Ph.D. or MSc in biostatistics, clinical statistics, or another related field
- 3+ years relevant job experience in designing and performing analyses for clinical projects
- In-depth knowledge of applicable clinical research requirements and statistical methods that apply to clinical trials
- Good knowledge of theoretical and applied statistics including methods in advanced analytics such as machine learning
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Able to thrive in collaborative environments with a multi-disciplinary team
- Able to take direction and feedback as well as ownership on deliverables