Pentavere is a fast-growing health technology company reimagining the way medical evidence is used to improve health outcomes. Located in the MaRS Discovery District we work with clinicians,
researchers and innovative life science companies to solve challenging real-world health problems where answers exist in unstructured clinical notes. These can include free text progress notes within EMR systems, physician dictation notes, and digitized forms and documents such as lab and diagnostic reports.
Our breakthrough Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Natural Language Processing (NLP) proprietary technology engine called DARWENTM, quickly and economically extracts Real World Evidence trapped in large repositories of existing unstructured healthcare data. Often likened to a “chart audit on steroids”, these unstructured clinical notes are converted into “row and column” data
sets that are ready to use in diagnosis, analytics and predictive applications.
Health practitioners delivering front-line patient care, researchers building specific patient registries, and organisations interested in predictive health analytics acknowledge that over 80% of the health information that is created is not used to improve healthcare because the data is trapped in unstructured clinical narrative form. The lack of availability of ready to use/well curated health data is a major obstacle to improving our health care system.
If you want to learn more about who Pentavere is, and the exciting work we are doing, please visit our website at: www.pentavere.com
The Clinical Project Manager will work directly with the company’s Medical Director to manage national and international healthcare projects. This is an opportunity to be on the “ground floor”
of a rapidly growing start up and become part of a team working on an exciting breakthrough technology. Working in an entrepreneurial environment, your thoughts and decisions will allow you to affect change in a very real way.
- Initiate, plan and execute projects and be the primary contact for private and public partners.
- Recruit and develop close working relationships with key stakeholders.
- Support customer engagements that deliver high quality results and meet customer needs.
- Assist drafting manuscripts and abstracts for journals and conferences.
- Produce progress reports/project status reports.
- Ensure study specific documents such as protocols, data management plans, data dictionaries meet project requirements.
- Supervise database development.
- Support statistician to facilitate statistical analysis.
We are looking for a curious individual who has a passion for health care and a belief that status quo is not sustainable. Someone who wants to grow with the company and believes a large part of their success is the relationships they have developed, and the trust they have earned from the people they work with.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- BSc in a related field, higher degree/training preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional project management skills, and an ability to prioritize work in response to multiple demands
- Must be self-motivated, proactive, and have demonstrated ability to work well as a member of a team or independently
- Develops close working relationships with key stakeholders in the initiation and execution of clinical projects
- >5 years of clinical research project management experience including leadership roles
- Experience developing protocols, data management plans and REB applications
- Written and coordinated research grant and project proposals
- Has a strong understanding of common medical terminology
- Understanding of common statistical analysis techniques and ability to support stakeholders frame clinical questions
- Familiarity with GCP, FDA and Canadian regulations
- Experience developing and communicating project plans and status reports