Epic Application Analyst II
Please note that applicants would need to be able to start full time in November and be able to travel to the US for training.
Applicants should email their Resume to James Romanek [email protected] as soon as possible as positions are currently being filled.
Implements, upgrades and supports application systems. Assures that all systems are fully tested before implementation into production. Troubleshoots and resolves reported system and application problems in the test and production environments. Documents and describes process and procedures relating to current and future systems environments. Educates users on system functionality and capability. Obtain and maintain Epic certification in assigned application module(s).
- Provides Level 2 and 3 support for day-to-day production issues, maintaining documentation in the appropriate tracking systems while adhering to prescribed escalation & change control procedures.
- Supports standardization of documentation and the integration of applicable standards and practices.
- Evaluates IT application updates and revisions and may participate in testing. Coordinates planning for installations of maintenance releases with Epic Solution Analysts, Application Developers, and Technical Analysts.
- Provides support for applications and coordinates with the appropriate teams.
- Provides documentation and delivery of demonstrations/education on assigned applications.
- Interacts with business teams to develop application requirements and deployment plans.
- Participates in coordinating installation of application changes.
- Installs application maintenance/patches and software upgrades.
- Ensures new installations will integrate with the current application and data technical environment.
- Additional tasks/responsibilities as defined.
- Completes assigned tasks as per defined project scope, timelines, and budgets for implementations. Works to prescribed methodologies for all project implementations. May work on multiple implementations at any given time.
- Participates in coordinating the transition from implementation to production and application support.
- Develops reports, scripts and forms according to required specifications.
- Documents business and system processes and procedures through the use of industry standard process flow and flow charting techniques.
- Provides documentation on the application systems environment.
- Develops application back-up and recovery procedures as required.
- Participates in the development with Vendors and the MBO’s of detailed interface and program specifications.
- May require on-call coverage responsibilities.
Bachelor’s Degree in a related field, or may substitute an equivalent combination of education and experience. Six (6) years of relevant experience may substitute in lieu of Bachelor’s degree.
- Familiar with care/business processes and their integration with other departments inside and out of the hospital such as ED, Surgery, lab, imaging, pharmacy, and transitions of care to other facilities or levels of services.
- Detailed knowledge of the area for which they are responsible (ED, Surgery, ICU, etc.)
- Familiar with operations workflow, clinical content, outcomes management and patient experiences
within the organization.
- 3-5 years of experience in supporting vendor platform.
- Knowledge of ITIL environments preferred.
- Technical knowledge with Product/Vendor Analysis, software support and training programs.
- Knowledge of systems and application development.
- Experience with report development tools.
- Experience with implementation of application software packages/custom applications.
- Knowledge of the application of computer technology within healthcare preferred.
- Healthcare experience preferred.