Job Title: Contract Scientist, Discovery Biology
Location: Suite 1300, JLABs, MaRS Building West Tower, Toronto, Ontario
Duration: 6 months
Start Date: December 2021 (flexible)
Endogena Therapeutics is a preclinical-stage biotech company that discovers and develops first-in-class endogenous regenerative medicines to repair and regenerate tissues and organs. Our approach has the potential of a paradigm shift to treat degenerative conditions related to ageing and genetic disorders. In our most advanced programs, we are targeting degenerative diseases of the eye, including retinitis pigmentosa and dry-AMD.
- Support us in our mission to foster healthy aging through activating endogenous cells for organ and tissue regeneration.
- Become part of a fast-moving, motivated, and high-performing team, committed to quality at work.
- Gain valuable experience in the biotech industry
- Culture and maintain cell lines, prepare reagents
- Perform pre-clinical pharmacology studies using in vivo disease models
- Support the research team in cellular assay development for compound screeningoPerform image and data analysis
- Detailed documentation and analysis of experiments in physical and electronic notebooks
Experience and education requirements:
- Master’s degree in molecular and cell biology or related study field. Applicants with a PhD are also encouraged to apply.
- Proficiency with tissue culture techniques and/or with rodent work
- Candidates with experience working with the retina or with stem cells, immunohistochemistry, microscopy and image analysis are preferred
- Experience with python, R and data analysis is a plus
- Willing to learn and adapt in a fast-evolving work environment
- Ability to communicate in a clear, concise way in English
- Contribute positively to the culture of a small, mission-oriented, collegial team
Do you want to be part of our team?
Equal Opportunity Employer
At Endogena, we are committed to providing an environment of diversity, inclusion and mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and employees. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.