You’ve got big plans. We have opportunities to match, and we’re committed to empowering you to become a better you, no matter what you do.When you join KPMG you’ll be one of over 227,000 professionals providing audit, tax, advisory and business enablement services across 146 countries.
With the support to do things differently, grow personally and professionally and bring your whole self to work, there’s no limit to the impact you can make. Let’s do this.
KPMG’s Healthcare & Life Sciences Practice helps clients to address their most pressing concerns including identifying new opportunities, developing strategy, streamlining operations to unlock value, deliver bottom-line improvements, implementing technologies and systems and enhance quality and service levels across the organization.
Our Healthcare & Life Sciences practice is looking for Consultants to join our GTA team to support multiple propositions including operations improvement, care system re-design, digital health and workforce development working directly with senior leadership and clients across the Healthcare and Life Sciences industry.
What you will do
- Support clients realize and achieve operational excellence through the redesign of clinical service delivery models through potential initiatives like:
- Cost-Optimization / Cost Take-Out
- Clinical operational service delivery reviews and redesign
- Digital health technology strategy and implementations
- Health services planning
- Health systems planning
- Workforce optimization
- Clinical Program Reviews and assessment
- Clinical Process Redesign across the care continuum
- Working in conjunction with the Lighthouse and KPMG’s advanced analytics teams to support the use of analytics to drive key deliverables
- Working with senior KPMG leaders and working cross-functionally within the Management Consulting practice to enhance and integrate the full health and life-sciences service offerings:
- Operational Excellence
- Digital Health
- Health System Redesign (large scale transformation like policy, shared services, organizational redesign / restructuring, etc.)
- Advanced Analytics
- Work with KPMG’s Management consulting to build a growing Health and Life-Sciences (HCLS) practice through business development, recruitment, and Thought Leadership development.
- Support business development through various activities including proposals, network events and other key activities;
- Travel may be required when safe to do so.
What you bring to the role
* This posting is aimed at identifying candidates from a wide variety of relevant backgrounds. We do not expect candidates to fulfill every qualification listed below as they cover a range of skillsets and experiences.
- You have 1-3 years of professional experience in healthcare and life sciences operational excellence, digital health, management consulting, strategy, or policy development.
- Healthcare operations experience in relevant roles like hospital administration, clinical program management, policy development, regional health system leader and/or clinical experienceis considered a strong asset and/or preferred.
- Strong knowledge of the healthcare system in Canada is preferred including healthcare policies, healthcare system funding models, health system redesign and service delivery models and trends
- Healthcare and clinical experience considered a strong asset
- Interest and/or experience with technologies applicable to healthcare and life sciences including but not limited to wearables, IoT devices, artificial intelligence and machine learning.
- You have experience with operations improvement including strong clinical workflows and operational processes across the care continuum;
- LEAN and other Process Redesign experience supported by current and relevant experience leading process redesign engagements is an asset
- Strong Project and Program management experience to support results is preferred
- You have experience with data analytics and analysis to support all deliverables associated with operational excellence and process redesign;
- You have experience leading and managing teams including training, coaching and mentoring to build internal capabilities
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, with strong presentation skills;
- Demonstrated experience and comfort working with executive healthcare leaders including c-suites
You have planned and tracked projects, working with large data sets and making data-driven analytical decisions. You can deliver training and coaching to employees at all levels of the client organization to build internal capabilities. You have superior communication skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to communicate with client stakeholders, work closely in a collaborative team environment and lead teams and project deliverables
Keys to your success:
- Passion for delivering high quality services and achieving client satisfaction.
- Thrives in challenging environments
- Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to work effectively in teams, as demonstrated by strong internal or client references.
Learn more about where a career at KPMG can take you
Our Values, The KPMG Way
Integrity, we do what is right | Excellence, we never stop learning and improving | Courage, we think and act boldly | Together, we respect each other and draw strength from our differences | For Better, we do what matters
KPMG is committed to the health and safety of our people, clients and communities. With this commitment in mind, KPMG complies with all public health mandates (provincially and/or federally, as applicable) and has implemented various safety measures, including a COVID-19 Vaccination Policy. KPMG’s COVID 19 Vaccination Policy requires all employees to be fully vaccinated if they wish to or are required to attend a KPMG office and/or other congregate settings in the course of their duties (such as client sites or third-party venues).
As this role requires occasional or consistent attendance at a KPMG office and/or congregate setting, the successful candidate must be fully vaccinated (i.e. have received all doses that are recommended by Health Canada, including any boosters) and must provide KPMG with proof of vaccination. KPMG will provide reasonable accommodation if the successful candidate cannot be vaccinated due to grounds protected by human rights legislation in their province of employment.
KPMG in Canada is a proud equal opportunities employer and we are committed to creating a respectful, inclusive and barrier-free workplace that allows all of our people to reach their full potential. A diverse workforce is key to our success and we believe in bringing your whole self to work. We welcome all qualified candidates to apply and hope you will choose KPMG in Canada as your employer of choice.
For general recruitment-related inquiries, please contact the HR Delivery Centre at [email protected].
If you have a question about accessible employment at KPMG, or to begin a confidential conversation about your individual accessibility or accommodation needs through the recruitment process, we encourage you to contact us at [email protected] or phone: 416-777-8002 or toll free 1-888-466-4778.