What you’ll be doing:
- Developing processes to ensure our lab is becoming 10% more efficient every day
- Implementing systems, tools, and automation to help ensure compliance with the processes you put in place
- Keep up-to-date with regulatory requirements and update the team on changes
- Help the scientific team achieve goals to meet ambitious deadlines;
- Develop and maintain our lab QMS
- Synthesize and sterilize biological buffers as required for experiments. Experience with handling biological media and maintaining DNAse/RNAse/Protease free environments is an asset;
- Maintain stocks of required chemical reagents from established suppliers, discover new suppliers and improve pricing/quality at all steps of development;
- Maintain proper function and conduct regular calibration of laboratory instruments including: pH meters, optical microscopy, UV-Vis spectroscopy, circular dichroism (CD), fluorescence spectrometry;
- Manage multiple tasks and changing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Communicate effectively to peers and leadership to support decision-making, including writing protocols and summarizing results in a report or presentation
You will need to:
- Be meticulously organized
- Be obsessed with efficiency
- Have experience maintaining an academic or industrial research laboratory
- Have experience developing and maintaining a laboratory QMS
- Be competent in biochemistry and chemistry
- Have experience with execution of experiments in a wet lab
- Have a bachelor’s or master’s degree in chemistry, biochemistry, molecular biology, bioengineering, or related field
Bonus points for:
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Prior experience working in a fast-paced, start-up environment.
- An appreciation of puns
Equal Opportunity Employer
Vital is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
With our company size and growth you will have many opportunities to be an inspirational and collaborative team member. Desire to be a critical part of a growing company while continuously learning both personally and professionally? This is what you are looking for!
We are actively building our strategies, structures, and process so this role will be busy and expanding. You will also have opportunities to be a mentor for other team members and create something that changes the face of healthcare. You will grow as the company grows, you evolve as we evolve. We despise stagnation!
The role will be initially based at the University of Guelph in Guelph, Ontario, for approximately two (2) months, and then out of our main office in Mississauga, Ontario.
We’re Vital. We build products that combine cutting-edge science and intuitive design in ways that make measuring health and taking action accessible by everyone. Our mission is to democratize technology that puts people in control of their health.
This is a massive goal, and we’re just getting started. We’re looking for special people to join our team to help us make it a reality.
At Vital, we thrive on change, operate on trust, and leverage diverse perspectives from the people on our team in everything we do. We operate at a rapid pace and we push key decisions to folks on the front lines across all of our teams. Our culture is fundamentally based on having a growth mindset – which means Vital is the kind of place where you can make an impact, somewhere you want to invest your talent and energy, and do your life’s best work. As a workplace, we challenge and support you to hone your craft and be a part of something bigger than any of us.