Three (3) open opportunities which include:
- Sector Development Lead, Advanced Manufacturing
- Sector Development Lead, Food & Beverage
- Sector Development Lead, Life Sciences
WHO WE ARE:
Toronto Global is a not-for-profit investment attraction agency that supports the expansion of foreign-owned businesses to the Toronto Region. We represent the cities of Toronto, Mississauga, and Brampton as well as the Regions of Durham, Halton, and York. We also work closely with the Government of Canada, the Province of Ontario, and Municipal partners.
SCORE PROGRAM OVERVIEW:
Toronto Global has secured funding to develop a new initiative called the Supply Chain Onshoring, Resilience, and Expansion (SCORE) program to better understand local supply chain capacity while identifying gaps, risks, and opportunities caused by global disruption. Services and capabilities will be developed to complement the ongoing work underway in Ontario to help recruit and relocate (“onshore”) foreign firms across the global supply chain. These capabilities will also serve select domestic firms to enhance business development, create new strategic partnerships, explore operations optimization, and improve overall continuity planning. The SCORE program is outside Toronto Global’s core mandate, but strongly related to the organization’s work in facilitating Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) to the Toronto Region.
To reflect Ontario’s supply chain strengths and to manage the overall project scope, SCORE will place emphasis on the following sectors:
- Advanced Manufacturing with a specific interest in high-impact manufacturing capacity.
- Food and Beverage including packaging, processing, production, etc.
- Life Sciences which will cover PPE, medical devices, pharmaceuticals, and more.
The core SCORE program will be built in phases around the following three pillars:
- Supply Chain Development
- Supply Chain Resilience
- Supply Chain Innovation
With funding provided by FedDev Ontario for a period of two years, SCORE represents a pivotal new opportunity for Toronto Global to leverage incremental project funding to deliver economic growth in the Toronto Region and across the Province.
OUR PEOPLE, PERKS, AND CULTURE:
We’re an enthusiastic team of smart, innovative, and dedicated professionals. Our culture is built on making sure individual team members can contribute to something greater, whether that be having a voice on one of our internal task forces or getting involved in team social or business events to fuel your professional development.
Interested in health, self-care, and planning for the future? We’ve got you covered! In addition to a competitive base salary, this opportunity includes access to health benefits, a strong employee assistance plan, and an opportunity to participate in our OMERS pension plan. We love driving the growth of the Greater Toronto region through our work and we do it proudly. We are high achievers, but this doesn’t interfere with our sense of humour, endless curiosity, and our desire to have fun!
Toronto Global is seeking a team of energetic and experienced supply chain professionals to act in an advisory capacity as part of an internal team that will report directly to the SCORE Program Manager. This group will bring critical domain supply chain expertise to a dedicated team that is managing an exciting portfolio divided into two main objectives: 1) To support Toronto Global’s market teams as they work on securing new foreign direct investment into the Region to address critical gaps; and 2) By collaborating in tandem with municipal leaders to identify and support key businesses by contributing to various retention and expansion strategies all related to broad elements of the supply chain. We are offering three (3) open roles on the newly established Sector Development Team that each represent one of the Greater Toronto Area’s most strategic economic verticals including: 1) Advanced Manufacturing; 2) Food & Beverage; and 3) Life Sciences.
The successful candidate should be exceptionally creative and ambitious with a solid understanding of their respective industry that should include functional knowledge of the numerous sub-sectors most prevalent to this jurisdiction. Each unique role involves coordination with a diverse set of stakeholders and delivery partners so excellent written and verbal communication, combined with a strong local network, is required. The value of the supply chain insights and business intelligence gained through the SCORE program make this an exciting, impact-driven opportunity that is related to both this Region’s pandemic recovery plan as well as our future economic prosperity.
- Identify supply chain gaps and opportunities within your sector by proactively consulting with a diverse group of stakeholders and delivery partners.
- Increase resources and the SCORE team’s supply chain capabilities by providing access to relevant associations, think-tanks, institutes, cluster/industry groups, and other key partners within your focus sector.
- Remain familiar and engaged with the Toronto Region’s business climate, government priorities, and other key economic objectives as they relate to the supply chain within your sector.
- Act as a community builder and integrator within your sector while demonstrating a proven ability to sustain and leverage a complex network of pertinent contacts.
- Align with the SCORE team to diagnose high-level supply chain issues for a multitude of clients (ranging from startups to large corporates) while contributing to meaningful action plans that help address local challenges.
- Architect solutions based on complex supply chain requirements in partnership with Toronto Global’s Investment Attraction team, SCORE’s dedicated third-party consultant, and/or various Municipal leaders.
- Engage with multiple stakeholders to advocate for the advancement of your sector while promoting the value of the SCORE program to key funding and other delivery partners.
- Expand existing knowledge of the key supply chain indicators and other factors that decision-makers in your sector consider when expanding into international markets which may include incentives, regulations, talent, etc.
- Demonstrate a proven ability to analyze information and provide strategic advice to multiple clients simultaneously while managing several congruent tasks on tight deadlines.
- Prepare statements, talking points, presentations, and other materials that promote a positive narrative about this Region’s supply chain strengths while also identify trends, gaps, and opportunities within your sector of focus.
- Contribute and help maintain critical datasets and other materials related to the supply chain within your sector.
- Directly assist the internal team to ensure existing data and tools are being leveraged effectively to support client inquiries and to ensure that customer-driven approach is incorporated into all elements of the SCORE program.
- Lead and role model a culture of teamwork, collaboration, regionalism, and meaningful client-centricity.
- Constantly update personal knowledge of the Toronto Region and build a good understanding of Toronto Global’s core value proposition as it directly relates to the SCORE program’s KPIs.
- An undergraduate degree required with a preferred focus in a related discipline that may include supply chain management, business, analytics, marketing, social science, economic development, etc.
- A Masters’ degree in a related discipline would be a strong asset but is not a requirement.
- 5+ years of related professional supply chain experience within the identified sector is strongly preferred.
- 3+ years of external consulting experience with sustained C-suite interactions is an asset.
- Must have relevant focus sector knowledge and recent supply chain experience within the Toronto Region that includes existing connections to major industry players and various thought leaders.
- Experience defining business challenges including an ability to identify high-level supply chain requirements.
- Above average problem-solving, creativity and an overall passion for driving client satisfaction.
- Ability to contribute and leverage a team of people with a broad range of functional, process, change management, and other technical skills.
- Ability to synthesize information into a coherent story, strategic vision, and implementation roadmap.
- Experience in recruiting clients, managing stakeholder relationships and in providing expert supply chain advice.
- Experience with project management and data-driven decision making is an asset but not a requirement.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills as well as robust interpersonal skills that includes experience developing strong partnerships with both internal and external stakeholders is required.
- Comfortable and proficient using Microsoft Office 365 applications (PowerPoint, Excel, SharePoint, Word, etc.).
- Familiarity with Enterprise Content Management Systems (such as Templafy, Xpertdoc, OpenText, Atlassian etc.) is an asset but not a requirement.
- Familiarity with productivity software (such as Notion, SharePoint, Evernote etc.) is an asset but not required.
- The ideal candidate should be proactive, comfortable with a degree of ambiguity and confident in their ability to produce client-ready reports on a tight deadline.
- Must have a passion for analytics, business, innovation, Canada, and of course the Toronto Region.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates are encouraged to submit their resume and cover letter to [email protected]. In the subject line of your email, please include the job title of this role and your full name. We sincerely thank all candidates for their interest in Toronto Global, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Toronto Global is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion in the workplace because we believe it contributes to innovation, better decision-making, and a deeper understanding of the community we serve. We are dedicated to fostering a barrier-free environment where accessibility, empowerment, and respect are key drivers of our team’s success. To ensure our recruitment practices are fair and equitable, accommodations are available at all stages of the process upon request.
At Toronto Global, we strive to provide everyone with the assurance that they can show up as their true selves at work and achieve their full potential. Thank you for your interest and we look forward to hearing from you!