STEM Club Program Facilitator Job Posting
Visions of Science is NOW HIRING! If you are passionate about developing communities and have a background in science, technology, engineering, math (STEM) and/or education disciplines, we invite you to apply to be a Program Facilitator in the Community STEM Clubs Program.
Opportunity: Program Facilitator, STEM Clubs Program
Term: Part-Time, Contract (September 2019 – May 2020)
Locations: Toronto, Mississauga, and Brampton, ON
The deadline to apply for this opportunity is August 16th, 2019, at 11:00 PM EST. For more information and how to apply, please view the full job posting. Please note that only successful applicants will be contacted for an interview.
Full Job Posting: PDF
STEM Club Facilitator Volunteer Posting
Visions of Science (VoS) is looking for energetic post-secondary students with a background in science, technology, engineering and/or math (STEM) and/or education disciplines to be STEM Club Facilitators in Community STEM Clubs. This flagship program is a network of community-based clubs across the Greater Toronto- Hamilton Area that provides year-long, hands-on opportunities for children and youth to explore STEM!
As a facilitator, you will work within a team to deliver weekly workshops in STEM and engage a group of consistent youth. You will also receive training in workshop delivery and facilitation.
Community STEM Clubs
- 29 Community STEM Clubs operating across the GTA (Downtown Toronto, North York, Etobicoke, Scarborough, Mississauga, and Brampton). See our locations for a list of all communities and to find the one nearest to you
- STEM Clubs operate weekly, on Saturdays from 11 am to 1 pm (with the exception of a few afterschool STEM Clubs)
- Mandatory Training: Saturday, September 21st, 2019
- Term 1: September 28—December 7th, 2019
- Term 2: January 11—May 9th, 2020
There are many benefits to volunteering, including joining a network of over 150 volunteers, being connected to meaningful opportunities in and out of the organization, as well as developing a wide range of skills. See www.vosnl.org/volunteer for more details.
How to Apply
- Step 1: Click Here to Sign Up & Attend an Info Session to Start Your Application (in-person & webinar info sessions available)
- Step 2: Attend Facilitator Training & Meet Your Team (September 21st in Downtown Toronto)
- Step 3: Start Making an Impact in the Community!
*Please note that all STEM Club facilitators must be available to attend one mandatory Info Session and the volunteer training on September 21st.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: September 15th, 2019
If you have any questions, please email [email protected]. We look forward to having you be part of our team!
About STEM Clubs
This flagship program is a network of 29 community-based clubs across the Greater Toronto- Hamilton Area that provides year-long, hands-on opportunities for children and youth to explore STEM. Learn more at www.vosnl.org/stem-clubs.
About Visions of Science
Visions of Science Network for Learning is a charitable organization that seeks to advance the educational achievements and positive development of youth from low-income and marginalized communities in STEM fields and research. Learn more at www.vosnl.org.